Monday, December 31, 2018

The Year That Was

In February went to Montego Bay with my mother and aunt. The most memorable moment was picking up a passenger on several walks who showed me the real Jamaica.

In between February and May, my mother didn't feel well and I wondered if I should sign up for yoga teacher training -- (YTT) originally slated to start in March but ended up starting in June. I take the plunge -- never imagining that I will make it past month three.

My aunt Debbie wishes that we would have waited until her spring break to go to Jamaica and I promise that I will go on a trip with her so when she asks me if I would like to go to Las Vegas in July, I agree. My cousin, Chiquita, also joins us. I enjoy the trip and am in awe of the Valley of Fire.

Somewhere along the way, I get fascinated by singing bowls. I'm sure the fascination has a lot to do with the sound meditations that I went to. Unbelievably, I sign up for a sound therapy training.

It's kind of funny. One of my sound sisters, mentioned collecting yet another certificate in a long line of certificates and I realize that I have a few certificates:

1). Healing Touch, Level 1

2). Sound Therapy Training

Right now, I am in love with sound therapy.

For lunch today, went to Hello Juice and Smoothie with a fellow yogi and got the Match Hemp bowl with peppermint, banana and cacao. Next up, was a  4:30 p.m. yoga class. Knew that it was going to be more intense than I like but I wanted to meet a YTT goal.

Chiquita had me cracking up because she thought that there wouldn't be very many people at the New Year's Eve yoga class. I assured her that yogis like to reflect and set intentions. The class was, of course, packed -- to the point that the teacher had to adjust the heat which still didn't work because there was so much energy in the room; we totally fogged up the windows. As expected, the class was intense but fun. We also had a DJ. It was a perfect way to pay homage to New Year's Eve.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you about the YTT, and glad you decided to do it. For me reading your blog, that's been the best part of 2018. So much stuff I never knew. Or for instance that there even was such a thing as sound therapy. Looking forward to more in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I’m looking forward to more of the two and hoping that I’ll be able to do both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete