Saturday, June 17, 2017

100 Of Your Friends

Managed to miss the celebration for the International Day of Yoga in Sarajevo. When I think about it, though, I really didn't have much of a chance to make it to the celebration.

Went to bed around 1:30 a.m. and felt like I had a solid night of sleep but I really didn't roll out of bed until 10 which was the start time of the celebration...


I'm feeling a bit like I'm in a TV series called 'Drea and the 'Fugee in the City or something like that.

Selfie A Games
When we went to eat today, we were approached by about 10 people -- mostly kids -- asking for money. One waitress politely asked them not to bother guests at the table but another waitress lost her patience and told one of the kids No one is going to give you money because 100 of your friends have already been here. 

I asked the 'Fugee if there are any agencies that are helping people and she said that there are such places...

On the other hand, I am eating my fair share of food and sometimes wonder if I will fit into an airplane seat again...

Buckwheat Crepes with Rose Hip Marmalade

Delicious Chicken with Humungous Bread
It seems strange to tour and see so many tourists in the midst of war reminders. I like the design chosen for the memorial for children killed during the war. In my mind, it's adults who were killed but, of course, children got caught in the crossfire too. The most chilling dates to me were 1992-1992. 

Memorial for Children killed during the war, 1992-1995.


Speaking of people that were killed, Philando Castile's mother hit the nail on the head:







No comments:

Post a Comment