Monday, June 26, 2017

Traveling Is...

Last night, the 'Fugee's trilingual friend told her, in Bosnian, that she didn't think that I'd have enough water to take a shower. The 'Fugee's response? Oh, she knows.

The 'Fugee gives me "The Rules" whenever we stay with her friends but what's funny is that she is usually the one who makes some mess. I try to be mega careful as a guest so I have become super efficient at taking showers et al. in Europe...
 
I am fascinated with the compactness of this area. There's a part of me that wants things to be a little bigger but I fully appreciate that things are not super-sized...

Also, the fact that you can't assume a public toilet will have tissue or that you might have to pay to use the toilet, gives me a whole knew appreciation for resources. In addition, people's reluctance to use air conditioning also puts things into perspective...

I have lost track of days and I'm doing a good job of not projecting into the future and staying focused on the present moment. Originally, I kept wondering what I was going "to do" while on vacation or that I could be achieving\doing things at home instead of doing some European Rumspringa but, in the end, traveling is a form of self-care if you can find the resources to do it. 

World's Smallest Washing Machine

Small Shower
The 'Fugee and I arrived in Croatia today and, as we walked around, after spending time on the beach, I wished for everyone a relaxing vacation surrounded by beauty, water and other relaxed people putting their best feet forward...

Makarska Riviera from the Bus


I've been jonesing to take a yoga class in the Balkans but, obviously, that's not a priority. I did find a couple of YouTube chair yoga videos since we've been doing a lot of walking and my hamstrings and feet have been talking to me...

I have yet to crack the pages of one of two books that I've bought and definitely have learned more lessons about trusting my packing instincts.

Post-Beach Grocery Shopping


No comments:

Post a Comment