Thursday, April 19, 2018

Allowance

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The kettlebell came out to play!

I was supposed to go climbing but Patti had a wicked paper cut. In addition to the finger throbbing, it took her a while to stop the bleeding and she was concerned that it would open up again.

I improvised on my workout. Went for a walk and then got a kettlebell workout that I had printed ages ago, grabbed my kettlebell out of the basement and headed outside. It had been so long since I'd done a kettlebell workout that I was stumped by the figure eight portion of the program.


After my little 'bell workout, decided to do a few errands and I might need to change my day for shopping because it's much more humane in stores on a Thursday. Came across this shirt and it stopped me in my tracks because it honestly describes work.

"Mom" Shirt
Recently, we've "formed" a relaxation group at work. There's a yoga teacher who comes in once a month and we also meet for yoga on our own. Once, someone forgot to notify us that the yoga teacher wasn't coming and we practiced yoga using an app that I have on my iPod. Yesterday, someone else picked a video from Do Yoga With Me. It's a small group and I like spending time with coworkers that I don't normally interact with. Having to come up with videos for the group is also allowing me to make my way back to yoga.

In fact, had I know that we weren't climbing today, I would have gone to the yoga studio after work.

3 comments:

  1. I am laughing SO HARD at the picture of the raccoon! WTF!?!?! Then I saw further down that you were at a conservation place so at least it had context, instead of just like "this soap making place is really into raccoons."

    I did know that about the lye, because I always remembered in Autobiography of Malcolm X, he describes getting his hair conked to straighten it, and how incredibly painful it was. They used lye for that.

    That Figure 8 - I have banged my knees more than once, and dropped the 'bell more than once when my hands got sweaty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about the raccoon.

    Thanks for reminding me about that Malcolm X story. I know that I stopped getting perms a long time ago because I said to myself while getting the hell burned out of my scalp "This is sadistic." I had tucked that memory away too.

    Re: kettlebells, I'll have to reacquaint myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get my hair permed when I was a teenager, but that was a whole different kind. It was smelly but not painful!

      Delete