Sunday, June 3, 2018

At This Stage

One of my colleagues will be out of the office for a month so I decided to take a few more days off. Used one of the days to do routine car maintenance. Also stopped by this place because their website said that they run diagnostics on tablets to determine if the battery is gone which was not really the truth.

Also went to exchange a pair of earrings because one of the posts was too thick and made my ear throb. Felt bad about doing that because I had already exchanged a pair of earrings that I decided was too small but I convinced myself that, at this stage in my life, it's important to get what I want. 

With the other day off, the 'Fugee and I explored downtown a bit by eating breakfast there then hanging out in City Garden and walking to the Arch grounds. Whoever is responsible for the new grounds did a really good job; there's such a sense of openness. I, however, don't want to know the price tag.

A Lime Bike at City Garden



Statue of The Scotts at the Old Courthouse
I also wanted to see Amy Sherald's exhibit at the Contemporary Art Museum so from downtown we went to the museum.

Sign, embellished, outside of the Contemporary Art Museum

One of Sherald's pieces to the left...
At some point last week, my left knee was bothering me as well as my right foot. The foot felt like it was going to snap in half or something. In the morning, I dreaded putting my foot on the floor because I knew that I was going to feel all sorts of intense sensations. Interesting, right? 

Magically, on Thursday, the knee and foot issue resolved itself. Thursday was also the start of my time off from work. 

The flower earrings that I wanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment