Monday, June 18, 2018

Super Funny

When I went to deal with a down payment for yoga teacher training, saw one of my fellow yoga peeps, Deena, who likes to "give me the business" when she doesn't see me for a while.

Deena told me how she sets a goal of 20 yoga classes per month; otherwise, she slacks. As she told me that I wondered why she hadn't signed up for training but I, who'd only been to two classes in the last two months, was preparing to undertake an almost year-long training.

Life is "funny" that way, I guess.

Another time when I dealt with a payment, I handed an envelope to the studio owner and the lead trainer, Stacy, said What is that? Your resignation letter? For some reason, I found that super funny. Another comment about seeing me later because I probably had some wall to climb was equally funny...

Recently finished Trevor Noah's book, Born a Crime and really "enjoyed" it. Enjoy gets quotes because it was an intense book. From now on, the books that I will read will have the work yoga somewhere on the cover and a lot of them will be intense too. I will say, though, after taking four yoga classes in one week, I felt much calmer.

It was nice to have my weekend back. Went to Zumba, shopped, cleaned the living room, washed loads of clothes then had pool time with the 'Fugee and that was just on Saturday...

At work today, the staff celebration committee hosted and Eid celebration. To my surprise, my coworker to my right started to put henna on someone. I didn't know she had skills that. I asked her to put a design on me. She kept apologizing because the tube was not cooperating but I had no complaints because I don't apply henna at all and I can't draw.


I can see why henna is used ritually at wedding parties etc.; it's a bonding experience. I had such a nice time talking with coworkers that I don't see regularly. I asked one intern who is super calm and happy if she meditates and she said “No, but I pray.”


Someone made baklava happen. I didn't have any though...



No comments:

Post a Comment