Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Not Trying To...

Reported for Jury Duty yesterday and it's still something that I have mixed emotions about. It can certainly be an inconvenience but, from a historical perspective alone, I'm there and not trying to answer in a way that will get me dismissed.

The last time that I got called one of the lawyers made a point to say that just because someone is quiet and not speaking up during the Voir Dire process, doesn't mean that person won't get selected.

The city has gone out of its way to expedite the process and to help people understand the importance of being a juror. They even address the fact of people in the county not being called as often.

Really liked that the city has collaborated with an artists' guild to help add character to the, otherwise, drab jury assembly room. 




What I didn't like was the ungodly amount of people who were sick, yuck. Being contagious should get you excused!

That first day of jury duty brought a lot of waiting (as usual) and I know that I'm not the only one who got tired of sitting. Got in the corner by the secret elevator on the mezzanine and did some bird dog to help with my knee.

For lunch I walked through the City Garden which is always a nice downtown perk...

Speaking of bird dog. I've done some of the knee PT exercises that Gingerzingi shared with me. Thank youuuu!

Wow, there are a lot of exercises. My maximum has been eight but even on the day that I did four, the exercises helped considerably.

When I went to get a massage, I could feel the tenderness in my IT band area and the therapist said that she was trying to release my glute which makes sense because my glute was on fire when I did the sets of bird dog; my least favorite move in yoga but, from now on, I'll definitely be embracing it. Overall, the exercises put me in a meditative state and all those reps of cat/cow made me get in touch with my breathing. Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment