Thursday, February 7, 2019

Until You're Not

Fog on Swim Night
Went swimming on Tuesday. Hadn't been since the end of December and it felt good to be back in the pool. The only downside is that I was so congested that I couldn't sleep. As Alison says, I need a saltwater pool.

Taught a yoga class at work. Was supposed to teach it last week but the Polar Vortex intervened. I was, partially, grateful for the reprieve but there was also part of me that wanted to have the class under my belt.

Put together a sequence, practiced it. Practiced it again. Fretted over whether it was long enough or cohesive enough. Attempted to put together a playlist, added to my Teaching Yoga Checklist etc...

One of my coworkers was so sweet. He saw me in the room beforehand and helped by vacuuming the floor as well as getting a battery for the clock.

The room ended up being too small but we forged ahead. Forgot about four poses and was truly surprised when my Fitbit's silent alarm buzzed to signal that it was time for savasana.

Although many yoga teachers discreetly use notes, I felt bad about referring to them, which is why I missed a few poses. Forgot to put on music; you never know who's going to be triggered by too much silence.

Started with a guided meditation and incorporated my wind chime so, in some respects, it would have felt awkward to go from the music of a wind chime to music music.

In the end, my coworkers were very encouraging. Regarding fulfilling our assist/adjustment requirement, Stacy shrugged and said You'll be nervous until you're not. I remember reading something about how to prepare for a speech and the author said that The audience wants you to do well and I tried to keep that in mind.

2 comments:

  1. "The audience wants you to do well." So true and I'm glad you remembered it. Also remember that your students don't know what things were in your head that you forgot. They only know what you _did_ and it sounds like you did a lot of great things! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :) That's also true that they didn't know what I left out!

    ReplyDelete