Thursday, March 14, 2019

To Rouse Them

Wrapped up Yoga Teacher Training this past weekend, wow! It was bittersweet, for sure.


I am happy about having another weekend to rest but I will miss my mat mates and the intense learning experience (with deadlines).

For our final weekend, we had to turn in our 30 class log, assists/adjustments and Seva project paperwork. Kept thinking that surely I had missed something and that not all boxes were checked but that was untrue.

Some of my mates brought their children for Family Yoga on Saturday and it was an amazing class and I see why Stacy enjoys teaching children so much. Stacy is a great trainer but she's even better with children.

We also practiced on Sunday, took group pictures, had exit interviews and were presented with our official yoga teacher certificates, wow!


Yesterday, I taught a 30 minute class at work and, later on, taught a relay-style class with some of my classmates. The studio has had a couple of relay classes and they're usually around the holiday and to benefit an organization. This time the class was to celebrate our graduation plus to benefit one of my classmate's Seva project, Paraquad.

My classmate, Roxanne, has actually reached our group to see if someone else is able to teach classes as well. It's during the work day so I would need to figure out the logistics.

On another note, some good news is that yoga is covered under my sound therapy insurance so I don't need to look around for that. The insurance industry, ugh.

More good news... Sequencing is starting to make a little more sense. Transitions will pop into my head. I would have to practice the sequence before it would occur to me to put in a transition pose. I still practice the sequence but when I'm writing it, I'll be like Oh, I need a child's pose here or a downward-facing dog there. 

There were six of us that taught in the relay last night and my role had already been decided as Stacy told the studio owner to put me in the "restorative spot" with singing bowls. It went well and everyone really liked the post-savasana chimes that I used to rouse them.

In other news, we celebrated Pi Day at work.


2 comments:

  1. Oh CONGRATULATIONS 'Drea, this is so wonderful!!! I'm so impressed with you, what an accomplishment, so much hard work. Fitting in something like this with a full-time job isn't easy and I'm glad you made it through. You're going to be/are a fantastic yogi. I love the photo of you all celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gingerzingi. :)

    A while back, I remember you commenting that I should become a yoga teacher and, at the time, I thought that I wouldn't be able to make it happen. I still have to remind myself that I met the requirements for a RYT 200.

    Re: the picture, we were a joyful bunch that day.

    ReplyDelete