Thursday, March 7, 2019

The Chorus

Trying not to join the chorus of people who are saying "I'm tired of winter" because it is, after all, still winter.

My backup camera days ago...



It's the six month of being super understaffed at work and people send me emails like "Circling back to the email that I sent you..." because I can't keep up. As John Lewis said, upon finding out information about his ancestors in Finding Your Roots, It's too much... It's to the point that if someone doesn't get back to me, I don't get upset; I sympathize and think that they are possibly understaffed.

The 'fugee suggested that I continue to concentrate on increasing the quality of my life in other areas, and that's what I try to do.


Went to the mall on Saturday for bath bombs and thought about going to look for sweat pants which I've suddenly become obsessed with and as I looked at Macy's, remembered that I'd bought a blue pair of sweat pants that I was very happy with. The sweat pants were in the basement sitting on top of a the laundry basket -- in plain sight...

Taught my fourth Seva class and it felt like the worst one. Forgot this one sequence within the sequence. Felt out of sync etc. but people were kind and stopped to thank me before they left.

I shouldn't be surprised about my "off day" as work was rough. At some point, realized that I was going to have to tap into my well of resources and try to find some semblance of balance before teaching yoga.

Went climbing tonight but wasn't looking forward to it after the outing that I had last time. On my last route during that outing my patella felt like it took a tiny elevator. My knee cooperated tonight and, in general, feels better.

When Patti messaged me about climbing, said that I was coming but didn't know if I had what it took to climb and she messaged me back Hahahahah...of course you have what it takes. Don't be silly.

What do they say on social media? #ImNotCryingYoureCrying

2 comments:

  1. The 'fugee is right about improving the quality of your life in other areas. That is a lesson I have to keep relearning, that work isn't the entirety of my life, and you can lessen the proportion of bad things in your life by increasing the good things.

    I hear you on the email thing. We are also struggling to keep up and things fall through the cracks. I always flag an email that needs followup, and my inbox is now entirely filled with flagged emails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: flags, ugh 😑!

    For some reason, I drag my emails to tasks but I end up with over 60 reminders — not sure what the right strategy is anymore.

    ReplyDelete