Monday, April 29, 2019

Breadcrumbs

There were so many happenings this weekend that it was difficult to choose.

Went to an African Ancestry situation at the library. Got some information but not the breadcrumbs that I was looking for. I did leave with about 10 yoga books though. Later in the day, I went to a gathering with my fellow yoga teacher graduates that had been planned about a month ago; I had a nice time as we caught up. Camille hosted the event and made most of the dishes. Everyone else brought desserts and appetizers.

Part of the Yoga Crew



On Sunday, I met up with a friend, Lori, whom I hadn't seen in ages and we saw Your Immigration Stories, Mine and Ours. The production was put on by That Uppity Theatre Company which has a Playback Now! wing that does improvisational theatre.

I was a little disappointed because the verbiage said immigrants and refugees but the stories were all immigrant stories. However, I was almost glad that they didn't do refugee stories because the immigrant stories had me crying.

Uppity started by asking everyone if they knew what improv was and most people did but I love that they still gave examples. The director asked a couple of people how they felt and someone gave one answer and she asked her if she was feeling anything else because people rarely feel one emotion. The audience member answered tired and her friend said irritable. So, two actors did tired and irritable. Plus, there was a musician that accompanied their improv; it was good and funny and the whole show was poignant.

Before the improv started, we had a moment of silence for the victims of the shooting at the California synagogue. As the director said, The terrorist act that happened on Passover...



No comments:

Post a Comment