Monday, April 22, 2019

First Ride


Got in my first 2019 bike ride.

Went down my usual road on the riverfront and was met by part of the levee that isn't usually in place. Weeks before riding, the river crossed my mind and then I forgot about it. We got as far as mile six when we met water on the road. It wasn't that deep but it was muddy. I have memories of being caught in the rain on a hike and how I almost fell several times because of mud.

We saw one of those hardcore bicyclists and his friend had gone through the water but he was like I'm not going through that -- you don't know what's in that water...

We saw many animals on the trail: frogs, turtles and turkeys. A guy at the visitors' center told us that a geese had attacked him. When we approached the geese, I rang my bell. One hissed at  me but no attacks. When we saw the goslings later on, we knew why the geese were on the defensive.

It's amazing how animals and nature make you feel connected.





Oooh, I like the new artwork at the beginning of the trail.


Went to Zumba tonight and saw one of my new Zumba friends. I had noticed her absence and when I talked to her after class, she said that she hadn't been feeling well at all and she talked about how fragile she felt and how she'd barely moved. She also felt guilty for only walking and I told her that's what I did when I first became active again and I reminded her how experts extol the virtues of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment