Monday, April 1, 2019

No Rest

Wanted to go to yoga yesterday and had my eye on a 2 p.m. class called Yoga Therapy for Strong Bones or a 4 p.m. Restorative. Decided to go to the 2 p.m. because that would still give me time to play around before visiting relatives in the evening. Also the teacher, Linda, doesn't teach often so I thought it would be nice to mix things up.

I've gone to one of Linda's classes before and really enjoyed it. During the Bones class, I kept thinking about Robert Flack's Killing Me Softly.

Linda did say that if we were in India, we'd probably take lots of rest in between postures because that's how she learned yoga but we only had 75 minutes so no rest.

At one point, we did half moon pose which is normally a challenge for me on my left side but this time my hip joined in and I felt a pinch which made me come out of the pose rapidly and Linda came over and told me to Take a break. Thought that was so funny and I also thought it was funny when she asked a really quiet yogi if she was okay. Like I said -- killing me softly.

Came home and took a bath then read for a while. I did a Kindle Unlimited trial.

After that yoga class, we talked about books -- actual ones versus e-readers and this woman made a good point about the volume of screen time. While I can roll with e-readers, I definitely like the feel of a book more when I'm drinking coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment