Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm Willing To Move On If You Are

I didn't get enough sleep last night...
dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh
I felt all lethargic...
dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh

I was hoping that the oatmeal would help...
dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh
but it didnt
dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh
My hands felt all tender
dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh
on just the first route...
dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh
And 'Drea's got the rock climbing bluesssssssss
Okay, that wasn't the best blues song but I'm willing to move on if you are... We were a crew of six today and when there's a group of six, we have to remind ourselves to keep the yakking to a minimum.

As my little blues ditty indicates, today was not a very good rock climbing outing. Still, I was pleased with how cleanly I climbed Hallelujah, the cleanest that I've ever climbed it.

We all had fun on a new route, Pacman Revival.


'Drea On Her Way To The Top of Pacman Route



Jessica's Turn To Climb Pacman


Route Tally:

Under The Bridge, 5.6
Sponge Bob, 5.7
The Seven, 5.7 (aborted)
Bright Idea, 5.8
Chag, 5.9/5.8 (aborted)
Hallelujah, 5.8
Pacman Revival, 5.9


Patti, the Wheaties-eater, had fun all over the place and wanted to try a 5.10 and bouldering. I kinda got a second wind too.

Me: Everyone else is in the locker room.

Patti: That's okay; we're studs.

Me: (((cackling)))

Patti Stepping Up to The Challenge on Chest Cracking Cart



Chris belaying for Mike. We wondered if men would stay away from the Girl Power route; they didn't.


Chris' Dilemma: Fingernail Length (short is ideal for rock climbing but not for fly fishing)


Josh's 15th Consecutive Day of Climbing. His motto? Burn and grow.


Busted Myth of the Day: We saw a frog who was splotchy and gray like a rock; his camouflage was excellent. Froggy peed on Jessica's hand. I thought peeing as a defense mechanism was a myth. It's not.

What did you do today? Did you cackle like you meant it? Yak a lot?

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Andrea! I still have the wrecked forearm blues. Can't wait to do it again - I'll just have to eat my Wheaties next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really tough! Today I'm going to cackle like I mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica,

    Hope your forearms are feeling better. I usually feel it in the shoulder area. So, I had the upper body blues. :)

    I told your mom that I was going to have to eat 10 bowls of Wheaties just to keep up with her...


    @Diane,

    I usually have a streak of good climbing days and then that one off day slips in but it just makes me appreciate the good days more.

    Hope that you got around to some enthusiastic cackling in your corner of the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete