Friday, December 10, 2010

The Littler Waiting Room

I'm so gullible. I went to an acupressure workshop and the chiropractor's office kept contacting me to come in for an acupressure session which I was looking forward to. I thought it would be a nice Friday evening treat.

I get there and I wait and I wait. I toy with the idea of leaving when someone comes to tell me that they are sorry for the delay. I wait more. I finally get taken back to a room and I think of that Seinfeld episode where you think you've made progress only you get taken back to a smaller room to wait even more.

I think I waited for about an hour and a half and ended up with about two minutes of an acupressure session then was told that the vertebrae in my neck are out of alignment and that is what is causing my shoulder discomfort. Really? Seriously? In addition, I can come in for x-rays in order to really ascertain the situation.

I'm so mad at myself and can't believe how naive I can be. What a waste of my time...

Scene from The Ex-Girlfriend Episode of Seinfeld

JERRY: Waiting room. I hate when they make you wait in the room. 'Cause it says "Waiting room." There's no chance of not waiting, 'cause they call it the waiting

room, they're going to use it. They've got it. It's all set up for you to wait. And you sit there, you know, and you've got your little magazine. You pretend you're

reading it, but you're really looking at the other people. You know, you're thinking about them things like "I wonder what he's got. As soon as she goes, I'm

getting her magazine." And then, they finally call you and it's a very exciting moment. They finally call you, and you stand up and you kinda look around at the other

people in the room. "Well, I guess I've been chosen. I'll see you all later." You know, so you think you're going to see the doctor, but you're not, are you? No.

You're going into the next waiting room. The littler waiting room...

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, don't blame yourself! It is SO much better to trust in your fellow humans than to be suspicious and cynical. Getting burned once in a while is just par for the course - it doesn't reflect on YOU, but on the others. I love people who believe in others. That's what matters, not the occasional disappointment.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. gingersnapper,

    You are such a sage. Thanks for the back-up and perspective.

    Oh, and by the way, you rock.

    ReplyDelete