Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Content and...

I'm off work this week as I like to ease into a new year.

Went bicycling yesterday and got more comfortable with taking the wheel off but I'm still entertaining the idea of getting a hitch and bike rack. Going to yoga later in the day was a superb idea as Alison and I picked up where we left off even though we hadn't been biking in months.

Overall, I'm feeling content and happy -- obviously an easier state to achieve when on vacation. Sometimes when I'm in a good place I wonder what will go wrong. My reasoning goes something like this: you're really content = that means something bad is going to happen. I try to adjust my mindset and move on...

The first thing that I did this morning was go to a bra shop. I've been needing to get fitted for a long time -- especially with losing then gaining weight.

When I walked into the shop, the woman told me that she was closing her business. So ironic... That store has been on my mind for a while and I finally go and she won't be there much longer.

The owner was very patient and helped me find something. She even said that she tailors bras but will not be doing that much longer as she has about twelve that she's working on and doesn't want to take anymore since the store is closing.

After I selected a bra, still pricey (and I was expecting that) after a "closing" discount, I had a super conversation with the owner who seems very nice and honest but couldn't find good help and couldn't continue to work 60 hours a week etc. I got such good vibes from her that I wanted to close our transaction with a hug.

No Ordinary Bra

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of starting your new year with your birthday. I'd never thought of it that way before, but it makes perfect sense. Also a good idea to take a week off!

    Sorry about the bra shop. It seems so often that great discoveries are just on the brink of ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: the bra shop, I'm going to go back before she closes. She also recommended a few more independent shops so, hopefully, one of them will work out...

    ReplyDelete