Tuesday, September 13, 2016

End Of The Tunnel

Hit the pool. Chatty Kath was in one lap lane and this guy was in the other. The latter offered to share but I told him that I would be okay in the larger area of the pool since there was only one kid taking lessons. He said If they get to jumping off the diving board, the offer still stands. A very cool offer.

The kid finished with his lesson at 8:00 p.m. I usually swim for an hour but when the kid is there, I continue to swim so that I don't have to wait on the shower. Twenty laps turned into 25. The next to last person exited the pool when I was at about the 30 lap point.

Even though I felt guilty for keeping the three lifeguards, I continued to swim until I hit 33 laps. It's hard to stop swimming when I can see a mile at the end of the tunnel.

I took a quick shower and when I sat in my car, it was 8:40 p.m. -- still twenty minutes until the pool officially closed. Think that I'll save my longer swim sessions for the weekend because I can't stand the guilty of being the last one out of the pool.




2 comments:

  1. I hate to think of you missing swim time because of feeling guilty about the lifeguards. Is there any way you can feel okay about it? Like, do they work until 9:00 even if no one is in the pool, doing something else? Do they get paid by the hour and don't want to leave early and lose money? Is one of them secretly in love with you and this is the best part of his or her day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those are very good questions -- especially the last one. 😊

    One of the lifeguards is usually the supervisor and is able to close the pool at her discretion. I should have a talk with her. I want to know if no one shows up by a certain time, do they leave early etc.

    If it were at a recreation center with other activities, I wouldn't even give it a second thought. I will also try to work on my feeling guilty thing too...

    ReplyDelete