Monday, November 21, 2016

Teleportation

Returned to work after two weeks away and had not adjusted the kitchen calendar since Nov. 4th.

Isn't there a Frida Kahlo painting with a broken clock??? The hands don't work or something like that...

Felt like a stranger going back to work. My immediate colleagues were certainly happy to see me and it felt like they were welcoming the beast of burden back.

I came bearing modest gifts and notes:

Even monkeys fall out of a trees -- a Japanese proverb for my colleague who likes all things Japanese.

Asked for reusable bags for my birthday and said colleague gave me bags with Gudetama, a lazy egg, on them. Hilarious!


The note for my other colleague:
Those mountains you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
A bit presumptuous on my end to give someone that note but...

I miss Negril or, as I like to say, I have a Jamaica hangover. I want to get down on the floor and throw a tantrum that will possibly transport me back to the island...

Four people asked me about the 'Fugee who is off the grid but it just goes to show how we a.k.a. people are connected. The people can't get to her so they get to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment