Friday, January 13, 2017

Things I Know For Sure

Went to a new class, Pound, yesterday and after class went to a grocery store next to the gym.  I don't normally go to Lucky's but it was definitely convenient. Unfortunately, they didn't have a couple of items on my list so I moved on to the next store which also didn't have ground turkey and I ended up going to Trader Joe's anyway...

Bread Choices at Trader Jacques

"Eggs, Bread and Milk"
Agencies were calling "it" early last night -- schools, libraries, yoga studios, recreation centers etc. A state of emergency was also declared but I knew that my place of employment would not close even if Icepocalypse was on the horizon.

By the time I got home, I didn't feel like taking a bath so I didn't. Even though I knew my job wouldn't be closed, I felt like there would be an early dismissal. I also reminded myself not to grouse about having to report to work. The parking lot had a modest amount of cars -- all the peeps who didn't want to surrender a PTO day to dangerous weather. Of course, we groused and then we got a message that we could leave right before 10:00 a.m...

I cleaned up a bit, took a bath, practiced yoga and cooked and, now, I feel like I'm in a time warp. More ice tomorrow and I'm still sore from the Pound class -- even my inner thighs.




As I pulled sweet potato fries out of the oven, the cookie sheet connected with my upper arm a little and it made me think about Turia Pitt -- cannot even imagine...




One more -- a school district responding to a comment:

Weather forecasting is not an exact science but considering all the environmental factors the meteorologists are right far more often than they are wrong. And in this case....ice...we won't take any chances.

2 comments:

  1. Once you get up, dress, and go to the work, the hard part is over! But I'm glad at least you got to go right back home. It looks like a nice day. I'm always tense during ice storms because we lose power frequently and no way to heat the house. And four miles to the nearest shopping center, 14 miles to the nearest hotel, which might not have power either.

    In my next life I'm going to live in town. It's beautiful out here, but you're so dependent on a car.

    I must get some of those salted caramel popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had one of the power-losing ice storms lately (knock on wood). A town about 30 miles away did lose power...

    I had never tried the salted bars before but I like them and I also like the story behind Artic Freeze.

    ReplyDelete