Saturday, February 17, 2018

Rise and Workshop

314 Yoga brought Canadian yoga teacher, Dianne Bondy, to town.

I looked at the three workshops offered and knew that the Friday evening one wouldn't work 1). because I'm knackered at the end of the work week and 2). It's the evening that I usually spend with the 'Fugee.

So, the most appropriate one for me was at 9:00 a.m. this morning -- not the most desirable time because I treasure sleeping in on the weekends and I'm just not a morning person.

I slept through five minutes of the alarm going off, hurriedly made an omelet and dreamed about getting coffee. Could not believe that snow was coming down at such a steady pace. Although there wasn't much traffic, the snow was slushy and the road was slippery in at least one spot.

As I got closer to my exit, noticed, on the electronic highway road sign, that there was an accident just past my exit. Flames also shot out of a disable car on the side of the road but I managed to make it to my destination at the start time. Glad that I didn't make coffee because a water main had burst and the facility had to close the bathrooms.

Despite my initial grumpiness, I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment