Thursday, February 22, 2018

Vantage Point

When I set out for my walk this morning (earbuds in), I had an hour-long walk as my goal but little did I know that a local would strike up a conversation and continue walking with me despite my efforts to dislodge him.

Once the hitchhiker started telling me about "the real Jamaica" and giving me facts, I knew that he'd want a fee and he told me so as soon as the thought popped into my head.

I will say that I saw landmarks that I'd never seen before and I heard facts that I didn't know about. It was my kind of tour -- a walking one and my guide, David, even told me when to take pictures.

About Sam Sharpe and the Christmas Rebellion
Vantage Point
At some point, David's speed increased. Plus, the culmination of the tour was at an elevated point. I was glistening at this point and told him that I needed to stop to catch my breath. I guess you could say that David was my tour guide and personal trainer for the day because by the time I got back to the hotel, I had gotten in 13,000 steps and it wasn't even noon yet.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you're in Jamaica again! Especially with Mom and sister. Are you going to seek out David tomorrow? Or try to avoid him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Went on a tour today and I think David has moved on to other vacationers. 😊

    ReplyDelete