Saturday, May 12, 2018

Connectedness

For today, I was either going to goat yoga or I was going to visit a living yoga studio. The latter was more appealing because it less time was involved.

Part of me also wanted to squeeze in Zumba. Instead, I mopped the kitchen floor then went to yoga at the living studio at a farm in Ferguson.

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting but we had to weigh the "life" down in the studio with our mats. The kids that were present didn't really dig the bubble bees and the youngest stayed vigilant -- he literally had his eyes on the ground the whole time. The woman in charge of the farm let us know that there would be "farm noises" because it is a working farm yadda yadda yadda.

Living Yoga Studio

It was hot today.

Sometimes you forget about creature comforts and even though I consider myself adventurous when it comes to sampling exercises, I'm not that adventurous about being outdoors. For real, I'm not that fond of dirt and still...

Being on a farm makes me think of my grandfather and my great, great grandmother etc. Most seem to acclimate to the heat  and embrace the experience.  Practicing yoga on that farm in that living studio made me feel grounded and connected. I could have lingered on the farm for a long time...

Best Ever Mint Water

Part of the Class\

Not Part of the Class
Outside of the Living Studio
I didn't work over 50 hours this week but I'm totally feeling this woman:



Also feeling Shonda Rhimes:




2 comments:

  1. You are very adventurous doing yoga out in nature with bugs and dirt. I'm pretty medium when it comes to the outdoors - I like hiking and camping, but I prefer it in perfect temperatures and without insects.

    I saw an article on verysmartbrothas.com that was a very, very apt metaphor.

    They’re annoyed that a product they purchased (America) or a subscription they signed up for (whiteness) isn’t working quite how they envisioned it. Perhaps there’s spyware (black people) that’s bothering them or an error message (black people doing something) they can’t get rid of. So they call customer service (cops) to fix the problem (us).

    https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/calling-the-police-is-white-peoples-applecare-for-black-1825954790

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insects are annoying, aren't they?😊

    Thanks for the link since I had not seen that article, wow...

    ReplyDelete