Saturday, May 19, 2018

I Want...

Riverfront Trail
Picked up an ice coffee before I went to the 'Fugee's last night because, without the coffee, I doubt that I would have made it through Ice Mother.

During one scene in the movie, I was thinking it as the 'Fugee said it, You hardly see older people having sex in movies. Later on, the 'Fugee wondered what was going to happen with the story because it's a foreign film. Her speculation was correct because we were left at the end of the movie wanting more plot...

We also watched the Turkey episode of Bare Feet. I want to go to Turkey and stay in the Cappadocia Cave Suites.

Made plans to bicycle with Alison whose been itching to try out her new bike. Not sure what they make these "workhorse" bikes out of but my bike was no match. I had a hard time keeping up with Alison. Before, we used to ride side-by-side. However, Alison said she felt like she was struggling on her 20-year-old bike. Not sure how the biking will work out in the future. The difference in bikes is why I seldom bike with Patti and her crew.

At any rate, we took a break around mile eight and this woman commented that we were sitting in the sun. There is really no good place to sit until the organization that maintains the trails finishes with this one shelter/picnic area.

The woman, Erma, had on all the accoutrements of a veteran bicyclist: jersey, cycling shoes, a helmet with a mirror etc. I asked Erma about her average mileage and she said 15 is her low side and 40 is on the high end. Age has slowed me down. I told her that there was no comment from me as the most I've ever done is 20 something miles...

We finished our ride and since I was already dirty, I clipped a few pressing weeds then cleaned up.

Spent the rest of my time hanging up clothes, hand washing a few items and looking for my best pair of glasses that had been missing since Tuesday. Finally, I looked in my swim bag again and the glasses where there.

Went grocery shopping and when I came back, heard an owl. A couple of neighbors heard it too. Hearing the owl was a nice way to end the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment