Saturday, May 26, 2018

No One Enters A Yoga Studio With Shoes On

Woke up softly then chilled out at home until it was time to depart for an 11:00 a.m. Zumba class. After class, proceeded to a place where I got a smoothie then headed home to take a shower before going to a three hour yoga workshop.

The workshop, with Doug Keller, was about pranayama and yoga nidra.  We practiced the bee-breathing technique (among others) and it was "group"powerful. During the final yoga nidra, I woke myself up with my snoring and, as I put my yoga props away, I got really puzzled about where my shoes were until I realized that, duh, no one enters a yoga studio with shoes on. I definitely had a yoga buzz going on.

Prop-alicious
As people gathered by the door, someone mentioned Lululemon and I got annoyed because I wonder about the sadist who came up with leggings. I also don't see myself buying a $100 dollar pair of leggings or pants. Someone else mentioned K-Deer  which also has similarly priced clothing.

Maybe I was annoyed because I don't see myself fitting into leggings anytime soon. Someone said that this well known plus-size yoga teacher wears leggings -- which still does not make me want to put my thick thighs in a pair. The person also mentioned the need for performance clothes when practicing yoga and, to them, Lululemon fits the bill.

Guess that I shouldn't judge Lululemon since I've never owned anything from there. Maybe their clothes are amazing and it just feels like a status symbol to me.

One of the yoga teachers saw that I was about to gather more steam and she said Yeah, it's totally about what makes you feel comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment