Friday, October 24, 2014

Notions

Caught My Eye
Always have this notion that I will exercise more when I'm on vacation. Gosh (I've been waiting to write that), I'm not sure how the Biggest Loser and Extreme Weight Loss contestants exercise for four and five hours a day.

When I went for the Notable Burials tour, I also did yoga and went climbing (only four routes). I was knackered (thanks Charley Boorman, The Long Way Down) at the end of the day but I guess it's okay to be knackered on vacation when you still have time to recover. I did realize that I never found time to drink coffee and I'm pretty sure that was a contributing factor to my knackeredness.

I've been catching up on reading. I have about five items that can no longer be renewed at the library. One of those items is the April 2014 issue of O: The Oprah Magazine. Loved the 20 Questions Every Woman Should Ask Herself segment.

Question 10:  Am I Helpful? by Gloria Steinem
Big problems often have small solutions...The art of being helpful is behaving as if everything we do matters -- because we never know which things might.
Question 11: What Am I Afraid Of? by Michelle Wildgen
 ...and what calms me now in the face of my most profound fears is not reassurance that nothing bad will happen, but that some of it has, and here we still are. You do not self-destruct when your fears come to pass.
Question 14: Am I Strong Enough? by Brenda Shaughnessy
 But it doesn't take strength to love your child. It's the other way around: Love gives you resilience.

No comments:

Post a Comment