Monday, October 20, 2014

Super Peaceful


Where I Practiced Today
I'm on vacation. At home.

Thought about what I normally do when I'm on vacation and I actually do a lot of the things that I do when I'm at home.

It was a stunning fall day but I do miss the Pacific Ocean and The Gulf of Mexico. You never miss your water until...

Knew that I wanted to mark the start of vacation by getting on my mat. It didn't matter that I was on my mat for two hours yesterday.

My regular gym only had evening classes and the studio that I have a class card with didn't have a class that appealed to me so I went to a studio offering donation-based community class.

Made it in the door about three minutes before the class was supposed to start and realized that no one else would probably show up.

Do I cheer at the prospect of a private yoga class or groan because I have one-on-one time with someone that I've never met before?

I also wonder if the teacher would have gone home if I had not shown up and, therefore, is she "groaning" too?

The instructor asked me what kind of yoga class I like. I told her a slow flow and she said that she also likes a slow, meditative practice and that's what we did for the most part. My neck was also feeling jammed up so we worked on neck and shoulders.

It ended up being a super peaceful hour of practice...

When I walked out of restorative yoga yesterday, I left hoping that others will get the chance to take a restorative class.

As soon as it was time for practice to start, Max said that we were going to reflect, renew and rejuvenate. And we did. I really enjoy savasana but savasana with a bolster under my legs, a blanket under my head and a miniature pillow over my eye is divine.




No comments:

Post a Comment