Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Glass House

Got several emails last night including one from the 'Fugee with a sad face and one from Alison wanting to know if I was safe.

I'm close to the area where Vonderrit Myers was killed and it's also been a gathering place for protests.

As I pushed the trash cart out last night, saw police blocking off a street and the soundtrack for last night was helicopters.

Woke up feeling sad and wasn't good for much today as I couldn't concentrate on anything.

As I headed to work saw many businesses that I like, including Rooster which Alison and I just went to on Sunday, boarded up. Rooster recently opened and it's practically a glass house.

A call went out to artists and they painted the boards of the businesses...

Went swimming tonight and, besides a student/teacher, I was the only one in the pool. It was nice to stretch out and calm my mind...





2 comments:

  1. I've been worried about you, not sure where you live in relation to the scene(s). Be safe!

    Also I love what the artists did with the boarded up businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am safe... Sorry that I didn't respond earlier but life has been a little challenging of late.

    ReplyDelete