Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Cloud Eight

Felt the first stirrings of irritation yesterday but I think 2.5 weeks of feeling phenomenal after the yoga retreat was a pretty good streak. Alas, nicks will happen even if one has on super-armor.

Went to the pool and spent a few moments, as I usually do, hoping that the water will be a degree or two warmer then I got into a groove around lap ten and moved on to admiring my rotator cuffs and thinking about Bob Harper -- Stand up and finish what you started.

Hit the shower post-swim and the water never warmed up which happens occasionally. Sometimes I'll just suck it up and take a cold shower but I wasn't feeling it last night and, again, felt a little irritated by the modern problem...

I've been trying to find another book to latch onto since I finished Misadventures of a Garden State Yogi but no luck so I settled down this morning with the October issue of O: The Oprah Magazine and there's always something inspirational to latch onto in O.

The first thing that I spotted was a reader testimony from a divorced mother that moved me then a quote from A Siri Hustvedt book:
It has taken me a very long time, a very long time to give myself permission to fly and breathe fire.
Posted a picture of the quote on Instagram which was liked by Cassandra Bodzak and I found several quotes on her page that I like including:
Make your peace a priority.
Flash forward to later in the day as I looked at an email from Yelp listing local bakeries including Whisk: A Sustainable Bakeshop.

Stuff they believe in: laughing at work...trying new things.

So, for me, reading which is one of my morning rituals is high up on the list for filling the well...

2 comments:

  1. I need to pay attention to filling the well too. I was listening to a very good podcast called Own Your Life, and got sidetracked from it. I need to listen with a notebook and write stuff down, so that tiny obstacle has prevented me from doing it regularly. I'm going to put that back on my Priority list.

    Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the notes on my iPod. Probably shouldn't since I usually try to walk and type at the same time.

    All things considered, T-day was good. Hope that you had a lovely T-day too.

    ReplyDelete