Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sitting with Feelings

My first instinct is to apologize for all of the Negril posts -- as I get it out of my system but why should I apologize and why should I try to get it out of my system?

So, I'm just going to sit with the feelings of enjoyment and longing...

One of the other lessons that I learned while in Jamaica:

You are not going to read all of the books on your must-read list.

I almost took another book. Instead, I downloaded Why Not Me? and The Twelve Tribes of Hattie. I also read several iBook samples including Humans of New York and Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things. In addition, I downloaded several magazines from Zinio which didn't seem to work without wifi. I also took a Health and Yoga Journal magazine. And guess what? I barely made a dint in my book and barely listened to a podcast.

It was also interesting to note that despite the electronics everyone had, people brought real books. Here are some of the books that I spotted my fellow yogis reading:






My Book Choice: Misadventures of a Garden State Yogi

2 comments:

  1. I love the Negril posts, and all your Lessons Learned! Keep it in your system; don't let go of it.

    ReplyDelete