Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Difference

I've been doing my usual things: swimming, yoga, Zumba. Went to yoga three days in a row and wish that I could have established a longer streak.

St. Louis had a spectacular thunderstorm yesterday. We had straight-line winds that made me step away from the windows in my office and into the hallway. We lost a tree at work plus several windows were shattered. Many people are still without power and, while many lights were out, two people were murdered.

After Alton Sterling, Philando Castile and the Dallas officers, Brene Brown wrote about how the culture is so different now -- how people want to satisfy their rage immediately. She wrote:
When we choose instant relief in the form of rage, we're in many ways choosing permanent grief for the entire world
And now Paris again...





No comments:

Post a Comment