Saturday, March 3, 2018

Colors

Paper towel after wiping my face after festival.
Had my eye on a couple of events this weekend and really  preferred one over the Holi Festival but Alison really wanted to go to Holi and she is busy on Sunday so I had a pep talk with myself about flexibility and went with Alison...

I squealed a little when a woman approached me and said Happy Holi while simultaneously smearing my cheek with color. She didn't scare me but I think that I have this thing about being "dirty."

Think there was also the sensation of having someone in my personal space and touching at the same time. Reminded me of one of Octavia Butler's books where the people greet each other by touching them on the throat, a sign of trust.

The kids were so cute. They also greeted us with Happy Holi and put colors on us.

The food at the festival was delicious and I totally want to make Mung Bean and Rice Pilaf and I'm still trying to find out the origins of the crispy rice that was kind of like dry cereal.

All in all, I think that Holi Festival is a wonderful way to celebrate the triumph of good over evil plus the coming of spring.

Someone dipping into a bag of color powder.
Went to the store after Holi Festival and ran into Joy. She says that since she opened the new studio, she is very content and has no desire to go to Jamaica right now. Yup, that's what "they" say -- you should build a life that you don't need a vacation from. Until then, I'm plotting my next vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment