Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Third One

In recent dreams, I hear loud noises -- possibly gunshots and just maybe I'm not dreaming but I've also heard loud collisions in my dreams. According to Google, there's something called Exploding Head Syndrome. Okay...

Went climbing tonight and felt good about my outing and felt good about the last one. I've been mentally preparing myself for climbing and it has made a difference.



Took a salt bath and read more of Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight...

Earlier in the week, signed up for an event/conversation between Sharon Salzberg and George Mumford. At the time of the webinar, realized that I had to download an app so I aborted the mission but later on I got an email saying that the conversation would be available for viewing (today only) so I listened to it. Three things that stuck with me:

1). Nothing in life is a straight shot. Sharon Salzberg

2), A mistake is an event -- something that we can learn from; it's not an identification or badge. George Mumford

3). Everybody's life is so changeable. Sharon S.



The third one really sticks with me.

3 comments:

  1. Of course I had to look up Exploding Head, and realized, "oh yeah, I've had that happen too!" Didn't realize it was A Thing.

    Glad to see you are climbing, it's been a long time hasn't it? I'm always amazed at how many things you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I read Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight a few years ago and liked it. I'd heard her interviewed on several podcasts beforehand, though, so the book was a little anticlimactic since I'd had so many previews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it has been a while for climbing. Patti was unavailable then I was unavailable and we finally got on the same page. Of course, if I had really wanted to go, I could have latched on to other climbers or used the auto belay.

    I am still grateful that I have many activities that I like. :)

    What podcast was Fuller on?

    ReplyDelete