Sunday, March 11, 2018

Cover Up

Tried to see if there was something different that the 'Fugee and I could do on Fridays and saw that Wyclef Jean was slated to play with the St. Louis Symphony but the 'Fugee nixed that idea. I was also curious to see how Jean's mishandling of his charity had worked out. Of course, Jean wasn't the only one who mishandled funds. I'm still miffed at the Red Cross.

As I looked at events, the Missouri Botanical Garden's Orchid Show popped up. I had seen social media posts about the show then it slipped off my radar. The garden also wouldn't work for Friday because it closes at 5:00 p.m. so the 'Fugee and I ended up going to see The Post. It's amazing the freedoms that you take for granted; the movie made me remember how hard it was for women to get many rights.


Fast forward to Saturday. I saw a red circle on Instagram and read the direct message from one of the yoga teachers that I know who had left me a voicemail but I'm really bad about turning on my phone. She wanted to know if I was interested in going to the Orchid Show since she has a family and friends membership. Hadn't put the show in my time budget but it felt meant to be.




The three of us who ended up going all enjoy taking pictures so it made the outing even cooler. One of the women took the picture below of me. Sometimes I think about dyeing my hair to hide the gray but I think that one of the reasons that it looks odd is because so many people do choose to cover it up but I don't think that I even have time to indulge in this type of activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment