Tuesday, March 27, 2018

It's Okay

Chiquita, my cousin, inquired about my day and, at some point, I gave her a rundown of my exercise schedule.

"But when do you do yoga?," she asked.

Good question as I've been barely doing yoga and it's showing up in my body.

Soooo, what have I been doing?

Friday before last, went to see I, Tonya. Had not planned to go and see that movie but the 'Fugee and I were running out of movies to see at the $5 dollar movie theater. I, Tonya is a very good movie and I have to say that I really didn't pay much attention to the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan story but the movie was a lesson in looking beyond the surface.


This past Friday, I went to an international-themed trivia night even though I'm not a trivia aficionado and the first trivia night that I went to left me feeling like I'd been "left behind."

At any rate, I went to the trivia event because I work with contractors who I don't get to see often and one of them suggested that trivia night could be a way for us to get together.

I was nervous about looking "left behind" but I felt the fear and did it anyway. We had one "star" at our table but he had me cracking up when he said that geography was his round and that signaled the end of his participation but, of course, he couldn't stay on the sidelines.

When I saw the international cats round, all I could think was That's evil until the woman next to me was like "I love cats" and proceeded to name seven of of the ten cats in an impressive amount of time.

Overall, it felt like the people who hadn't been born in the states were the smartest but that's not true. The superstar of our table is American born. All of that to say that it seems like other countries have a more serious education system.

Surprisingly, I ended up knowing several answers that involved Japan. I knew one of the answers because I'd been invited to Gloria's house for a Japanese-themed dinner.

On a food note, the most popular items that someone brought were bread and cheese, LOL.


The round that had me cracking up the most was the eighth and final one.


Didn't go swimming tonight since the school that I swim at is on spring break. Went to Zumba again and was reminded of why I seldom try to make the 5:30 p.m. class. Combine rush hour with construction and it made for a hair-raising experience. By the end of class, I had forgotten the traffic nightmare until one of my fellow Zumba folks said she'd had the same issue and that she hates being late to class. Me too I said then told her that I kept telling myself You're going to be late; it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment