Thursday, March 1, 2018

Unpacking

I'm back.

You never miss the beauty of Jamaica until you get back. Everything looks dull here. I miss how brightly the sun shines, the Caribbean Sea and the wide variety of fruit.


Kept thinking that I should have taken the rest of the week off but I'm also trying to watch my PTO days so I returned to work. As my aunt Debbie said You can do it (Thursday and Friday)...

On another note, I'm embarrassed to say that I did not know that there is a state of emergency in Jamaica. Found this out from one of the shop owners who bemoaned the fact that the lawbreakers were making it difficult for law-abiding citizens.


I do remember being on the yoga retreat and we kind of chuckled at being driven to a destination about five minutes away and our driver told us that it wasn't good to be walking on dark roads at night and that Negril is a different town in the p.m...

I unpacked my suitcase yesterday, an unprecedented occurrence. Normally, it takes me forever. Maybe it was because I packed so efficiently. There were only a few items that I didn't use. Think that I need to go on way more trips in order to hone my packing skills, yup.

I have also been unpacking my body. Went to yoga yesterday and got such a treat. One yogi also plays singing bowls and she gave me a brief primer and let me play her bowls. It was unbelievable how relaxing it was listening to the bowls for just a few minutes.


Went to yoga again today as I try to stay in the right frame of mind.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    The only tropical place I've been to is Tahiti, and I definitely noticed how uncolorful it is here, after that!

    Did not realize about Jamaica either. The current domestic news cycle drives everything else out of my attention span. Although I DID notice that your governor is embroiled in some kind of sex scandal that exactly coincided with your suddenly leaving the country.

    Just sayin'.

    p.s. congrats on the unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... My favorite Greitens' line -- "We're dealing with this privately." You gotta love crisis management...

    I think you're right about the domestic news cycle. Also, I don't think that Jamaica's crime rate is any higher than the States' and I tried to rationalize that the state of emergency is a logistical move that makes the way for, in this case, military back-up.

    ReplyDelete