Monday, March 5, 2018

She Likes Flowers

The other event that I wanted to see this past weekend was Art in Bloom at the St. Louis Art Museum. I missed it last year. So, I cooked and ran errands and, at the last minute, thought that the 'Fugee might like to go. She likes flowers and she likes art, ta-dah! To my surprise, the 'Fugee agreed to go. We got to the art museum about 90 minutes before the show ended. We enjoyed ourselves.

When I told my aunt about my earlier Sunday activities, she said that she'd heard two women at Soulard Market talking about Art in Bloom; when they'd tried to go, it was too crowded. There was still a nice amount of people when we went but it wasn't bad and we were able to find decent parking.

Here are some of my favorites:



Red Ribbon Winner

Sheryl Timmermann's Representation of Standing Ardhanarisvara
Timmermann was around her floral art and talked about how she made the lotus flower out of anthurium flowers. She said a lot more but I don't remember much. She also had mala beads in her design too.


I'll have to read more about the story of the Ardhanarisvara and go to the art museum more often too.

The 'Fugee took this picture of me while I was checking out one of the floral installations. I like the installation as well as the picture.


As you can see, I don't fuss over my clothes. My top should be all the way down but whatever...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. I remember last year I said, "Oh I didn't know you had Art in Bloom too." Seeing this reminded me, so I got a couple tickets at our art museum here. It's later than yours, March 22-25.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy, I'm glad that you're going and I hope that you'll take a picture or two so that I can see the floral/art at your museum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely post some photos. Among the many nice collections, we have the largest collection of Rodin sculptures east of the Mississippi (who counts these things...?) and I'm interested to see if something is made of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the job of counting Rodin sculptures was given to interns. I think there'll be at least one floral interpretation of Rodin.

    ReplyDelete