Monday, January 21, 2019

Homestretch

Forest Park
For the most part, we missed the harshest weather this weekend. It has been really cold but, hey, it's winter.

Went to a chair yoga class at a new studio on Sunday and, today, went to celebrate The Collective's anniversary at the Missouri History Museum. The Collective is a group of four black yoga teachers and the theme for the class was Ahimsa (nonviolence). We practiced in the Grand Hall so there was foot traffic as people made their way to exhibits. This woman had me cracking when she stopped to ask Do you all do this every day?...

Grand Hall, MO History Museum
Got a clogged drain fixed. Thought the culprit was hair but the plumber said that it might not be. I was surprised to hear him say that soap hardens like concrete and cause obstructions. That makes total sense. Still, I got a Shroom and will order something he suggested as the pipes are old, sigh...

Not only have I been practicing yoga at different studios and makeshift studios but I've been practicing at home as I work on sequences and try to understand, further, the anatomy of said sequences. There are actual websites that will build a sequence for you but I'd like to work it out in my mind first before I'm spoon fed. I've always liked this quote:
Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon.
Wow, I'm in the homestretch of yoga teacher training but as one of the yoga teachers (and trainer) in the above picture said -- that last stretch is often the most challenging.

Also challenging -- trying to get ugliness out of my head.

2 comments:

  1. The shroom looks like a good idea. I've pulled some amazingly horrible hair wads out of the drains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad that I bought it. Poor drains...

    ReplyDelete