Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Cat Purr

Did another sound therapy session last night and was surprised when a cat greeted me. She walked straight to me as if to introduce herself. How had I forgotten that this person had cats? Now, I really enjoy doing sessions when there are cats present.


We talked a bit, I took a couple of sips of gingerade kombucha and then we started the session.

I cannot tell you how much I love seeing the bowls resting on top of someone and then the inevitable singing and vibration of the bowls.

The cat curled up into the cutest little ball and stayed in a ball for a good 10 minutes. She briefly left and her sibling came into the room to check things out at one point...

The session seems to go so fast and it's hard for me to strike the bowl for the last time because I don't want the session to end. I love seeing the relaxed look on people's faces after a session and I love the quiet talks afterward.

As we talked, I petted the cat and couldn't believe how she purred; she gave me my own sound therapy session. I don't remember hearing a cat purr like that and she is so sweet.


Decompressed with some of my fellow trainees today and one told me that she read an article about how therapeutic cat's purring can be. I also mentioned that I only slept for four hours but felt well rested. One of my sound sisters said that she shies away from doing evening sessions because she gets so excited that she can't sleep and I think that's what happened to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment