Wednesday, January 23, 2019

She's Good

After three years, the batteries inside of my Garmin Vivofit tracker gave out. Anticipating that the batteries would wear out sooner than later, I purchased replacements more than a year ago but couldn't find them. Ordered more and chided myself for being disorganized.

As I tried to replace the batteries, a spring shot across the room never to be found and the tracker, which was already falling part, fell apart further so I decided to spend Christmas money on a new tracker. Went back to the Fitbit brand and got a Flex 2 which is lighter than the Vivofit. Didn't really like the fact that the Flex doesn't have a display but I'm used to it now...

The other perk is the Fitbit app; didn't use it last time but now I'm logging water and I've been drinking twice as much water as I have been drinking which is a sad commentary on my water intake...

Messaged my yoga trainer, Stacy, so that I could get one of my assist/adjustment classes out of the way. I decided to do this requirement with my trainer at one of her private classes. When I jump in, I jump all the way in. I did think that a private group would be smaller and, possibly, a better foray than a class of, say, 25; it's January, you know...

I was so nervous and wasn't quite sure how the set-up would be or how I would execute my assists. Stacy asked everyone to introduce themselves and to talk a little about why they practice yoga and, of course, everyone was super welcoming, nice, wished me well and it was cool to hear their yoga stories.

Stacy thanked me at the end of class, which made me breathe a sigh of relief. It's a pleasure to watch Stacy teach; she’s good at what she does.



No comments:

Post a Comment