Saturday, January 26, 2019

Mixed Results

Had high hopes of hibernating this weekend; I've had mixed results.

Despite my left knee bothering me, went to Zumba but definitely modified moves and stayed away from turning and jumping.

This knee thing is so weird. It tightens then loosens. Sometimes I feel like I can barely walk and then my stride is back. Surely, if I had torn my ACL or something, I would be in way more pain. I've tried self-massage and sound therapy -- not sure what else to do...

As I slowly walked out of the grocery store earlier today, there was someone entering who had extreme mobility issues and it made me rethink my little knee situation...


Went to the mall to restock my bath bomb supplies and decided to look for sweat pants. I feel like Alice in Wonderland when I'm in the mall. Tried on a 1X that I liked but it was too big and was going to settle for them until a clerk asked me how I was doing. Walked across the store, slowly, with her and she found me an XL pair and waited as I tried them on. As we talked, she mentioned her other job and I said, conversationally, You're only one person; you should have one job. And she replied, You know how it is when you have a lot of bills on your head.

As I got my bath bombs, that clerk also mentioned a second job. Trying to establish yourself is no joke. I would also like to mention that I don't want to be in a world without diversity. It would be so dull. I so enjoyed the way the clerk of Indian descent used language.

Also, I've been watching Finding Your Roots and I want some TV show with resources to do that for me. Is that lazy?

4 comments:

  1. I will dig up the PT that was recommended to Hrodebert when he tore his ACL. It worked wonders, and even if you _haven't_ torn yours it will help build the muscles that protect your knee.

    I see a lot of people around here who can barely walk. In state government there seems to be a lot of people in bad health. I'll see someone go by on the sidewalk at a crawl and remember that we should always be thankful for health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking up the PT info and, yes, I’m definitely taking the gratitude for health up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed you the PDF. It's almost 8 MB so let me know if you don't get it.

    ReplyDelete