Friday, February 5, 2010

Farewell With Food

Today was one of my colleagues' last day at work.

Two weeks notice seems like such a short time when you've worked with someone for more than 365 days.

Of course, there are some people that I work with that could walk out the door without delay and/or ceremony and my feelings would not be hurt.

Tim, the colleague in question, brought in two boxes of donuts today (((groan))) but he was also nice enough to bring me a container of fruit. How cool is that?


Yesterday, I ordered Tim a pretzel from Gus' Pretzels since it's one of his favorite joints. I decided to go with the pumpkin design. Don't ask why; it just amused me.

Did you say pumpkin?, the clerk asked. Mind you, her question came after I said that I wanted to order a pizza...The eyes rolled around in my car so it doesn't quite look like a pumpkin.

Later on, a group of us went to lunch at Basil Spice. I did some reconnaissance and decided that I would go with soup. I also ate half of a spring roll -- my first time trying a non-fried one.

Maybe I can just have broth-based soup whenever I dine out?


I like the decor in Basil Spice. The music, lighting and modest water fountain had me more than ready for a siesta.


Goodbye Tim, you were such an appropriate one...

3 comments:

  1. That was really nice of hmmm to bring you fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh spring rolls. Those are def on my list of all time fave foods. I would imagine that they are not too high in calories either, except maybe for the rice paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ms. Bad MJ,

    I was surprised. It was also good because I hadn't had cantaloupe or honeydew melon for awhile. I've been monotonously chomping on Fuji apples.

    @ Sara,

    Yeah, I didn't sweat the spring rolls. They were so fresh tasting with lettuce and bean sprouts? that I didn't think they were *harmful* at all.

    ReplyDelete