Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rip Van 'Drea

I went rock climbing and didn't know how it would go since I wrecked my body during a five day span. I took it easy on Thursday and Friday and I was hoping that I would be feeling up to speed.

Well, I could only do the simplest routes (5.6) with ease. I tussled with every other route and I was even getting tired of myself asking for takes.

On the other hand, Patti must have eaten multiple bowls of Wheaties (or new Wheaties Fuel) because she was feeling it. She has wanted to tackle this one 5.9 route that is lead climb only. This guy, Jeremy, actually climbed and left the rope so Patti got a chance to climb it and she almost made it to the top; it was a valiant effort, I tell you. I think Patti did a total of nine routes including one bouldering route. She later revealed her secret: at least three cups of coffee before climbing.


I came home from climbing, ate lunch and was thinking about what to get into next but I just couldn't keep my head up. I lay down and got up about four hours later. The sun had gone down and everything. So much for my theory that I'm not much of a napper.

I like the way I looked in my new workout top today ($7.99 at Marshalls).

Note to self: do not purchase anymore workout attire for awhile.
Or, shall I say, I like the way my upper body is coming along? I've basically developed it doing the upper body portion of 10 Minute Solution: Fitness Ball Workouts and with rock climbing.

Who knew a collar bone was underneath there?

2 comments:

  1. I love it when collarbones appear! You look great, and that wall looks scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane,

    I was like what's that? I hadn't seen my collarbone in ages and the wall's bark is worse than its bite... ;)

    ReplyDelete