Saturday, April 30, 2011

Keep Moving or Month-End Review, April

My body was all constricted. Neck, check. Shoulders, check. Upper back, check. My neck was particularly stiff.

Massage Therapist: Have you been stretching?

Me: Ye...,um, no.

After she asked that question, it dawned on me that I had not properly stretched in about three months. I had been feeling okay and just stopped incorporating stretching into my regimen. So, it's back to regular stretching to prevent constrictions.

April, I hardly knew ya -- here's a look back at how things went down. There wasn't very much exercise diversity this month but there was exercise. ☺



10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones!

  • Stretching, 2 x's



  • Bicycling, 6 x's


    Give Me 10!

  • Fat Blasting Cardio, 1 x


  • Lawn Mowing, 1 x


    Personal Training With Jackie: Power Circuit Training

  • 15-Minute Upper Body Circuit, 7 x's



  • Rock Climbing, 6 x's

    Route Tally for April 30th:

    Spring Cleaning, Ascended, 2x's; Down climbed, 2 x's, 5.6
    Let Me Smang It Girl, 5.8
    Eats, Shoots and Leaves, 5.9 (Attempted)*





    I Think We've Met Before, 5.9 -- Ascended 2 x's
    Lead Tag Friendly, 5.9
    Pandora's Box, 5.9
    The End of 2010, 5.9**
    The Maze, 5.9 (Attempted)


    Swimming, 5 x's


    Treadmill, 1 x (Only Time Spent at Gym)


    Walking, 19 x's


    Wii Fit Plus, 1 x


    *Eats, Shoots and Leaves is not a very friendly route at all. I actually bought the book for which the route is named in New York almost four years ago. I had banned myself from book-buying but couldn't resist after reading the joke on the back cover.

    **Thanks to Patti who coached me up The End of 2010. She was on the ground belaying and coaching. I heard Keep on moving. Keep on moving. Keep on moving. I did keep moving and it felt really good.


    How was your April?

    2 comments:

    1. You had a great month! Glad to catch up with you and see you are well. I'm terrible about stretching. Just terrible.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Diane,

      Nice to *see* you. I'm still trying to convince myself about the stretching thing. Don't know why I need convincing because, whenever I settle down and stretch, it feels good.

      ReplyDelete