Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Message To The Body

Scene of the Crime
I thought about Stacey Lei Krauss, creator of the willPower Method, as I headed to kettlebell class. In her willPower video she says, and I’m paraphrasing, to watch your facial expressions because you’re sending a message to the body.

I also thought about one of Bridget’s favorite expressions during hot yoga class: the face is soft…the face is soft.

Last night, I went to yoga class and the teacher kept telling us to relax the muscles in the face.

All this pre-game mental chatter occurred because I knew that kettlbell class would be tough.

As we warmed up, I thought about how I hate mountain climbers. Later on my hate went to dipping my triceps, pulsing while lunging and burpees.

The ninja song didn’t even provide any motivation.

Any my face? I was too busy concentrating on generating power from my hips so that I could swing my kettlebell efficiently.

Did you see this video of Olympian Sarah Robles? After watching the video, I wanted to send her money...


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment