Friday, August 10, 2012

No Shoe Left Behind

I wear flip flops a lot and they are perfect shoes for heading to climbing because I don't have to get out of one pair of shoes to get into climbing shoes. Ditto for flip flops and swimming/yoga .

As I headed from the climbing gym on Monday to yoga class, an unidentified belt got really noisy, the battery light popped on, the temperature gauge rose and I pulled over and the car dumped antifreeze on the ground.

I put my climbing gear in the trunk and was happy to discover my tennis shoes since I had to walk about 30 minutes to a pay phone.

I got my car towed pretty fast and I was happy for several reasons including the fact that it was 100 degrees the next day; 100 degrees and climbing shoes do not mix.

Ah, the joys of car ownership:

  • Ignition Coil One (blows in Feb.)

  • Ignition Coil Two (blows in August)

  • Water Pump (blows in August even though it was replaced when timing belt was replaced two years ago)...


  • When I called roadside assistance, they wanted to know if I/the car was in a safe place. Thanks for asking...

    In honor of Flick Friday, here are a few movies that I recently enjoyed.







    Hope that you're enjoying Friday and that you're in a safe space.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment