Thursday, August 2, 2012

10 Things That Make Me Happy: Yoga Edition... à la... Just Here Just Now


Read a post over at Just here. Just now. about 10 things that make Lisa Jones happy. Jones was inspired to create the list after hearing rich people (on a Bravo show) talk about material things that made them happy. I was inspired to make my own 10 things yoga edition after reading her yoga list.

10). I love saying Namaste at the end of class. More often than not, saying Namaste makes me smile…

9). When I fall out of a pose at the same time as someone else and we both smile.

8). I love the restful night of sleep that happens after I’ve practiced yoga.

7). Post-Namaste nod or smile to someone that I know visually but don’t really know.

6). When someone makes room for me in class.

5). Hearing Om.

4). Using bolsters, blocks, blanket and eye bag for savasana.

3). The energy cultivated by practicing yoga with others.

2). Finding myself doing tree pose while talking to people or waiting in line.

1). Earth salutations.

What's something that makes you happy -- yoga-related or otherwise?

3 comments:

  1. So good to touch base with you again Drea! I love the feeling that I get when I have really pushed myself during a workout. There is nothing quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Partner yoga poses. Injuries, because they reconnect you with your practice and body limitations. The feeling you get when you are in a twist and take a deep relaxing breath. That brief moment in savasana where you lose all sense of time and substance and are totally immersed in your inhale and exhale and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Diane,

    I love that feeling too...



    @Kristen,

    Asanas for two, hunh? I'm sure that it's a powerful experience...

    ReplyDelete