Sunday, December 15, 2013

Don't Say No

During a kettlebell session, Marisa asked Jessica a.k.a. Crazy Lats to do something. Marisa prefaced her request by saying Don't say no.

Princess Tiffany piped in to tell Crazy Lats that You do say I can't a lot...

Gloria showed us how to do a headstand this morning.

I didn't even try. I immediately thought there's too much of me to get up there.

On the way home, saw a personalized plate that said Do Yoga. Done, I thought to myself.



Got home, played slug and started thinking about headstand. My core is strong. Why can't I do a headstand?

I looked on YouTube and got on my mat. My feet smarted after a couple of attempts and, then, surprise -- I flipped over -- foot hit a corner of a sewing table and a picture fell down. Never saw it coming and didn't get hurt. Good thing that I was relaxed.

It never occurred to me that I might flip over; otherwise, I would not have been so close to the sewing table.

I felt completely lethargic before I flipped over and totally energetic afterward.

Obviously, I had too much momentum during my attempt and not enough control but I'm looking forward to working on headstand.

2 comments:

  1. At least you didn't set yourself on fire, like the girl who had the bad twerking episode. So that's a win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the rate I'm going, I might have more success with twerking.

    ReplyDelete