Friday, December 6, 2013

Understood

As I carefully made my way to work, I saw this woman in full stride. Cap, shorts, leggings.

There's part of me that wanted to roll down the window and yell encouragement. I love it when people get their workouts in despite the weather but there's also the part of me that thought I would never run in the snow because I would fear slipping and putting myself out of commission.

When I first started to swim, I went across town to find out that the pool heater was broken. Cold water plus a lifeguard? I got in the water. I sometimes remember that incident when I complain about the cold water at the pool that I currently go to.

I've also driven for a total of one hour to take a 90 minute hot yoga class and I've driven like a bat out of hell (through the city and back on the highway) after encountering a traffic jam to make it to a regular yoga class.

Fifteen minutes to make it to class and I'm twelve minutes away? I can do it. Never mind that I have to park, check in and whatnot. I can do it. Totally understand the runners that I saw today.


2 comments:

  1. I'm actually kind of jealous that you are slipping and sliding right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something magical about the snow. Love to see it fall and accumulate.

    ReplyDelete