Wednesday, December 4, 2013

After The Mountain Climbers

Went to the pool last night. Chatty Kathleen, well, chatted me up as soon as I descended the stairs. She is totally fascinated by Moms Mabley. Apparently, there's a documentary about Mabley on HBO right now.

Felt good in the water until diving mom perched at my lane. I felt self-conscious and thought about the episode of Malcolm in the Middle when Lois thinks she can dance.

My post-swimming trick of rolling down the windows didn't work. Congestion hit before I hit the bed. I heated up a cup of water and inhaled the steam which gave me relief but I had a sleepless night as I struggled with congestion...

Up tonight, kettlebell.

Glanced at the whiteboard and didn't even cringe when I saw burpees. Whatever. I know that it's a good exercise for the body and I know that I'm going to modify.

The workout on the whiteboard:

  • 50 Two-hand Swings (16 kb*)
  • 25 Burpees
  • 50 Swings
  • 50 Push-ups
  • 50 Swings
  • Mountain Climbers, 50/50
  • 50 Swings

  • I want a brownie point for getting back up to do that last set of 50 after the mountain climbers. I was the last one to finish but the others kindly waited even though I waved them off. We moved on to stations -- pyramid-style.

  • Squats, 10...9...8...7...6...5
  • Push-Ups, 10...9...8...7...6...5
  • Jump Squats...
  • Alternating V Sit-ups
  • Pull-Ups (Bar or TRX)

  • Next up:

    Goblet squat, 10
    Kb Press, 10/10
    Goblet Reverse Lunge, 10
    Jump Squats, 10

    We finished up with a one minute forearm plank then a 30 second straight arm plank. Before the planks, I assumed reverse corpse pose. Next time, I'll reverse the order.


    *I don't normally swing with a 16 kb but Marisa assigned us heavier kettlebells for tonight's action.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment