Sunday, December 8, 2013

When I Was A Yoga Newbie

It might be cold outside but Gloria provided the heat this morning. I should have known. When I was a yoga newbie, I didn't know what Surya Namaskar meant. Now, I know.  Sun Salutation or Salute to the Sun. If you're saluting the sun, it makes sense that the heat will come.

Do this. Do that. Gloria said. I'm totally paraphrasing. Gloria never says Do this...

This {asana} is called broken triangle. It was more like broken 'Drea at that point after all of the planks and downward facing dogs. I was in a solo huddle a.k.a. child's pose and not broken triangle at that point.

Gloria was on a roll this morning talking about spiritual amnesia etc. and she also quoted Nelson Mandela -- Who are we not to shine?

When I googled it, it said that the quote is falsely attributed to Mandela but thanks to whoever said it. It resonates...

2 comments:

  1. We're having a cold spell here too - but that means mid 40s. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to the 40s this weekend.
    And, bonus, it'll be the weekend.

    ReplyDelete